- Candidate required: Technical Coordinator – Residential
- Job Type: Permanent
- Start date: Immediate
- Industry: Construction professionals South
- Location: Poole
- Salary & package dependant on experience: up to £50,000 + Package
The role & about the client:
ITS Construction Professionals South have a great opportunity for a Technical Coordinator to join a renowned Dorset based Developer. You will be responsible for co-ordinating all technical information between external consultants and internal departments throughout the construction process. You will ensure all approvals are obtained and information received and issued to allow for a prompt start on site.
More about this job
- Recommend appointment of consultants
- Control the design process, from planning application through to project completion
- Ensure consultants prepare detailed design in accordance with our clients Specifications and Standards, Employers Requirement and Contractors Proposals.
- Manage and review the design development process ensuring value engineering and buildability are considered.
- To ensure timely registration with warranty providers i.e. NHBC, Robust Details and Building Regulation Application.
- Manage CDM including the preparation, approval and distribution of the Health and Safety File/Operating and Maintenance Manuals.
- To ensure timely completion and issue of technical assessments, Energy & Sustainability information, warranties, certificates and the like.
- Review design development to allow construction of works to follow safety working practices and be in accordance with current legislation, Group Policy and Procedures.
- Obtain pre-application advice and approvals in principle to both on and off site highway works and to compliance to planning layouts.
- An understanding of the Highways Act, Traffic Orders and the various Sectional Agreements, Water Industry Act and the Flood Water Management Act is paramount in undertaking this role. A thorough understanding of S38, 104 & 278 processes is essential.
- Provide Production teams with complete working drawing packages and Technical support to Site Management and Sub-Contractors with details, site queries with regard to all Technical issues.
- Regular site visits and reports to ensure construction is in accordance with specifications and details.
- Provide fully checked and co-ordinated design packages for Budget, Tender and Construction purposes
- To implement and comply with our clients SHE policy and procedures, all legal requirements, and best practice within the business unit and areas.
- To support the achievement of the annual financial budget (operating profit) for the business unit.
- To implement and ensure compliance with, and support the development of, our clients policies, procedures and standards.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working as a Technical Coordinator ideally having worked on volume developments including RC Frame projects.
Essential Qualifications/ experience required/ specific requirements for the role:
- Experience working for a developer/housebuilder as a Technical Coordinator
- Opportunities to move into Technical Manager role
Where a range of rate of pay is quoted the level of experience, qualifications & related training required is the minimum required in order to qualify for the lowest rate of pay quoted.
How to apply:
Please send an up-to-date CV in strict confidence
The ITS Group is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We welcome all applicants and are committed to an inclusive environment for all.