This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate and motivated building physics engineer to join a growing Bristol team, to work on some of the most exciting sustainable design projects in the UK across a broad type of sectors including commercial; education; residential; industrial; logistic; automotive and healthcare.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Building Physics Engineer, with a strong understanding of thermal modelling. Ideally coming from a Building Services engineering, architectural or sustainability background and have a strong holistic understanding of the built environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
The role will primarily be to provide assistance and support the development of the delivery of some of our key work streams:
- Building regulations compliance modelling (Part L/EPC)
- Thermal comfort analysis (CIBSE Guide A, TM52 and TM59).
- CIBSE TM54 Operational Energy analysis
- NABERS simulations
- Passive design and low-zero carbon technology studies
- Supporting Net-zero operational energy studies for new and retrofit projects
- Input into supporting planning documents e.g. energy strategies
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering, architecture or sustainability
- knowledge and experience of building physics, particularly in relation to heat transfer, energy, comfort criteria, CIBSE Guidance and other industry standards.
- An understanding and experience utilising industry guidance such as that produced by LETI, RIBA and UKGBC.
- Good knowledge of dynamic simulation software (in particular IES VE) and the UK Building Regulations, including a good understanding of the National Calculation Methodology.
- Ideally, an accredited user of IESve (for SBEM and DSM), CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant and Low Carbon Energy Assessor level 5.
- Ideally be a competent and experienced accredited EPC assessor.
This role offers you the chance to progress your career at a forward thinking, friendly company. Along with providing you with an opportunity to learn and develop skills and qualifications as part of a dynamic team, we also offer;
- 25 days holiday – entitlements increase by 1 day per annum after 3, 5 and 8 years
- Company car allowance
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Highly competitive salary
- Salary Sacrifice – Cycle to Work Scheme
- Buying and Selling Annual Leave
- Gym Membership Scheme
- Company car leasing scheme