I am currently working in partnership with an award-winning Engineering Consultancy. My client is looking for a Fire Engineer join their team.
Based at their offices either in Bristol or London, covering a wide range of disciplines in property and construction, you will be responsible for delivering innovative solutions.
Their team are completing several complex, but highly rewarding projects for their strong client base and this is where they wish to bring new talent in to support them as they continue to secure these exciting schemes.
– Our clients Fire Engineering team focuses on the fire safety design of buildings.
– Working collaboratively with internal colleagues as part of a multi-disciplinary team, and also have a significant portfolio of long-term external clients.
– Their projects are principally based in the UK, and a detailed understanding of UK regulations and design guidance is desirable.
– Able to work with, and have an appreciation of the integration of, other construction professionals’ requirements for the project.
– Ensuring open communication among all project team members so that feedback is provided and acted upon efficiently in a timely manner.
– Attending design team meetings, design workshops, client meetings and site meetings.
– Travel to clients or projects in the UK, and occasionally internationally, according to project demands.
– Working knowledge of software analysis tools – evacuation, smoke and fire modelling, heat radiation models and structural fire modelling.
– Experience working within a fire engineering consultancy role.
– A relevant degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Building Services, Maths, Architecture, or Physics, with a keen interest in Fire Engineering. You will have a good technical knowledge in the primary discipline of fire safety design.
– You will be IT literate with a working understanding of fire modelling software analysis tools.
– You should have excellent communication skills and an interest in working in a team environment.
– You will have the ability and commitment to effectively deliver to demanding timescales, and have good organisational and planning skills.
* Private medical scheme
* Life Assurance
* Income protection
* Electrical car scheme
* 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
* Contributory pension scheme
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
* Professional membership subscription
* Season Ticket Loans