- Candidate required: Fit Out Estimator /Junior Fit Out Estimator
- Job Type: Permanent
- Start date: ASAP
- Industry: Construction professionals South
- Location: Portsmouth
- Salary & package dependant on experience:£DOE + Package
The role & about the client:
On behalf of our client, ITS Construction Professionals South are searching for a Estimator or Junior Estimator to join an award-winning fit out company.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Analyse architectural drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare labour, equipment, and materials/subcontractor estimates for large and complex work.
- Provide complete conceptual and final estimating input on complex work using knowledge of specialised methodologies, techniques, principles, or processes.
- Act as the Company’s representative at pre contract and post contract meetings with clients and main contractors.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Maintain files (electronic data) of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers.
- Request quotations from suppliers and subcontractors. Conduct a thorough evaluation of incoming scopes of work and conduct a cost analysis on quotations.
- Consider and analyse risk factors.
- Conduct onsite surveys of pre-existing conditions when applicable.
- Perform post-bid analysis and participate in bid review meetings with company Directors.
- Initiate and chair new project hand-over meetings.
- Investigate value engineering options and report.
- Carry out live project cost control and monitoring.
- Negotiate, award, and administer contracts with subcontractors for the successful completion of projects in a timely and cost efficient manner.
The ideal candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- Fully trained to a minimum of HND level or a minimum of 5 years estimating experience.
- Ability to interpret drawings and in taking off details.
- Confident in compiling and working from bills of quantities.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Previous experience of Causeway estimating system would be beneficial although not essential.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
The candidate should also:
- Have experience in carrying out site surveys.
- Have excellent IT skills.
- Be able to use their own initiative and have enthusiasm.
- Be well organised, methodical and positive.
- Excel operating in a fast paced commercial environment.
- Future opportunities to progress into a Senior Estimator role
Where a range of rate of pay is quoted the level of experience, qualifications & related training required is the minimum required in order to qualify for the lowest rate of pay quoted.
How to apply:
Please send an up-to-date CV in strict confidence or contact me on 02380 2380600/07586 086766
The ITS Group is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We welcome all applicants and are committed to an inclusive environment for all.