- Candidate required: Quantity Surveyor/ Senior Quantity Surveyor – Residential
- Job Type: Permanent
- Start date: Immediate
- Industry: Construction professionals South
- Location: Poole
- Salary & package dependant on experience: £55,000 – £65,000 per annum plus benefits
The role & about the client:
On behalf of our client, ITS Building People (Southampton) are searching for an experienced Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor to join an award winning, dynamic and forward-thinking Residential Developer based in Poole.
Due to sustained and continuous growth as well as an order book stretching well past 2024 they are looking to add to their commercial team.
The successful candidate will have extensive Residential experience, ideally including experience of projects involving Apartments.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Produce draft budgets and site start budgets for each site allocated to the Quantity Surveyor.
- Produce quarterly valuations and complete material ‘cost to complete’ exercises for each site the Quantity Surveyor is responsible for.
- Produce sub-contract payments and final accounts, ensuring that the sub-contractor has signed these off.
- Produce sub-contract orders, ensuring they are authorised by the authorised representative, together with all necessary documentation to comply with Group Commercial Policy.
- Complete on-site measurements and assess payments to contractors.
- Attend and contribute to various meetings, such as pre-order meetings, quarterly valuation meetings and project review meetings with senior management, construction team as well as external contractors.
- Manage all sub-contract orders on site, meeting sub-contractors as and when required.
- Maintain trade specifications.
- Price customer extras and liaise with sales department as necessary.
- Manage Professional Fees Budget.
- Assist with material buying when required.
- Assist the Estimator and / or Commercial Manager with take-offs for land appraisals when required
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate would have experience working as a Quantity Surveyor/Senior Quantity Surveyor for a Residential Developer or Housebuilder.
Essential Qualifications/ experience required/ specific requirements for the role:
- Construction/Building related HNC or higher qualification (Or equivalent)
- New build residential experience preferably with some RC Frame experience
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form.
- Produce accurate commercial reports.
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office.
- Good time management
- Ability to make decisions within authority.
- Able to read, understand and measure from Working Drawings.
How to apply:
Please send an up-to-date CV in strict confidence or contact the office on 02380 2380600 / 07425 303714
The ITS Group is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We welcome all applicants and are committed to an inclusive environment for all.