- Candidate required: Graduate/Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Job Type: Permanent
- Start date: ASAP
- Industry: Construction professionals South
- Location: Portsmouth
- Salary & package dependant on experience: £DOE+ Package
The role & about the client:
On behalf of our client, ITS (Construction Professionals South) are searching for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a bespoke award-winning Residential Developer in Portsmouth. Reporting to the Commercial Director you will assist with commercial and surveying responsibilities for residential sites, assist in compiling all necessary reports and schedules as required, and undertake all general commercial administrative duties, including filing, emails, chasing down emails and phone calls, and ensuring a general tidiness to Commercial presentation. A keen learner, willing to assist with all sub-contractor procedures and processes, materials and goods, whilst always checking compliance with Group Policies and Procedures.
- Assist with maintaining cost control throughout development
- Assist with accurate costing for each aspect of site development
- Assist with compiling reports on costs and cash flows using the support systems available, as well as reports for the Division as required
- Assist with preparation of tenders and procurement of sub-contractors using Group Tender procedures
- Process Subcontract orders, payments and variations, using Excel and Group payment system
- Understand and assist with evaluation and agreement of variations and instruction.
- Assist with controlling all commercial aspects and responsibilities with regards to respective RSL’s
- Attend all team meetings as required
- General departmental administration
- Provide other appropriate ad hoc duties, and administrative support as and when required
- Maintain relevant filing systems and databases
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will be a recently qualified Quantity Surveying graduate or a candidate who is qualified and has some experience of working as a Trainee/Assistant Surveyor for a residential developer/housebuilder.
- Future opportunities to progress into Quantity Surveying positions.
Where a range of rate of pay is quoted the level of experience, qualifications & related training required is the minimum required in order to qualify for the lowest rate of pay quoted.
How to apply:
Please send an up-to-date CV in strict confidence or contact me on 02380 2380600/07425 303714
The ITS Group is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We welcome all applicants and are committed to an inclusive environment for all.