The role & about the client:
On behalf of our client, ITS Building People (Southampton) are searching for a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to work for a luxury residential developer within their Commercial Department.
Our client are willing to support the individual in becoming a qualified Quantity Surveyor or support them if they are already studying towards this, providing flexible working hours.
Key Responsibilities –
- Liaise closely with the Commercial Department & other departments within the business when necessary
- Assist with the management of contract variations
- Assist with producing detailed costings & tender documentation
- Develop a good understanding of the links between the different departments & processes put in place
- Develop a good understanding of the pre-planning stages
- Proactively speak with clients for any queries or clarifications
- Have excellent communication skills
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will be keen to pursue a career in the new homes industry within the Commercial Department
Essential Qualifications/ experience required/ specific requirements for the role:
- Be keen, eager & willing to learn
- Working towards a degree in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management or aspire too
- Right to work in the UK
- Future opportunities to progress within the Commercial Department
Where a range of rate of pay is quoted the level of experience, qualifications & related training required is the minimum required in order to qualify for the lowest rate of pay quoted.
How to apply:
Please send an up-to-date CV in strict confidence or contact me on 02380 2380600/07435735610
The ITS Group is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We welcome all applicants and are committed to an inclusive environment for all.