- Candidate required: Technical Coordinator
- Job Type: Permanent
- Start date: Immediate
- Industry: Construction professionals South
- Location: Brentwood, Essex
- Salary & package dependant on experience: Up to £50,000 + Package
The role & about the client:
On behalf of our client, ITS Building People (Southampton) are searching for a Technical Coordinator to join a renowned house builder based in Essex. This would be an excellent opportunity for an experienced Technician with the potential to grow and develop into a longer term career with a respected Developer.
Key Responsibilities –
- Support the Technical Management team with technical appraisals, where abnormal costings of potential development land are provided within required timescales.
- Provide cost effective options in physically developing the land where recommended.
- By ensuring, where requested, that the site can be properly serviced and constructed upon.
- Support strategic land acquisitions and planning appeals including strategic technical studies, negotiating with statutory Authorities, instructing Consultants and obtaining/vetting their reports.
- Liaise with statutory authorities with documentation and drawings relevant to the contracts and sites
- Prepare detailed Design programmes, including the management of the production information to ensure the company meets its business objectives
- Assist with Technical and Services budgets
- Feedback all technical design matters encountered during construction to the Technical Managers.
- Maintaining a general awareness of current material and construction research and making recommendations or giving warnings as appropriate.
- Undertaking adequate CPD to maintain Professional Status where appropriate and to be aware of industry changes and developments.
The ideal candidate
- Engineering Technical experience, either from an Architectural Consultancy or Developer background
- Previous experience within the House Building or Construction sector
- Degree educated in relevant disciplines, such as Architecture, Design, Planning, Civil Engineering or the Built Environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in dealing with highly complex technical drawings and plans
- Able to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external partners
- Building Regulations and NHBC standards knowledge
- Strong IT skills
- Future opportunities to progress into Technical Managment positions.
Where a range of rate of pay is quoted the level of experience, qualifications & related training required is the minimum required in order to qualify for the lowest rate of pay quoted.
How to apply:
Please send an up-to-date CV in strict confidence contact me on 02380 2380600/07425 303714
The ITS Group is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We welcome all applicants and are committed to an inclusive environment for all.