The role & about the client:
On behalf of our client, ITS Building People (Southampton) are searching for an experienced Site Manager to join an award winning house builder on a brand new 88 traditional build unit development in Crawley.
You will be the No.2 on site reporting to the Project Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Input into risk/opportunities register, and implement actions to mitigate risks and maximise opportunities.
- Control and manage preliminaries
- Maintain accurate site record, daily diaries and weekly progress reports.
- Review design drawings for build-ability and co-ordination.
- Manage the flow of sub-contractors design information as delegated by the Project Manager to suit the programme of works on site
- Assist the Project Manager and or Design Manager
- Agree sub-contractors long term and short term programme and monitor performance against these programmes
- Manage and direct site labour and maintain accurate records
- Monitor and understand position against contract programme, discuss and agree recovery programmes with the Project Manager
Essential Qualifications/ experience required/ specific requirements for the role:
- Previous experience working for a house builder
- Strong technical understanding
- Commercial awareness
- Be an innovative thinker and problem solver
- The ability to develop, manage and maintain successful relationships, both internally and externally
- SMSTS, First Aid & CSCS
- Management level NVQ or equivalent
Where a range of rate of pay is quoted the level of experience, qualifications & related training required is the minimum required in order to qualify for the lowest rate of pay quoted.
How to apply:
Please send an up-to-date CV in strict confidence or contact the office on 07435735610
The ITS Group is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We welcome all applicants and are committed to an inclusive environment for all.