We are currently working in partnership with a UK-based, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy firm, specialising in building services looking for an Principal Mechanical Engineer to join their team.
A fantastic career opportunity has arisen for a driven and experienced Principal Mechanical Engineer to join a leading consultancy based in their Somerset office.
Our client recognises that the design of building services is not an isolated field, but one which must be undertaken as part of a greater professional team, as such they combine the knowledge of a wide range of disciplines including Mechanical, Electrical, Healthcare, Energy & Sustainable Design and Utilities.
Our client recognises that our staff are our most influential assets and continue to encourage and support their training by offering opportunities both in and out of the workplace.
Roles and Responsibilities
– Working in a team of 10, you will be responsible for the coaching of apprentices as well as supporting the senior team.
– You will be responsible for the delivery of mechanical design solutions, the management of your projects and the performance of your project team.
– You will be managing the delivery of a wide variety of projects across the country, attending both internal and external meetings on behalf of the business.
– You must be able to carry out calculations, estimate costs and manage finances for the business strategy and project budgets.
Qualifications and Experience
– Typically, you should also be a member of or working towards full membership with a relevant institution – for example, CIBSE.
– You will have relevant qualification(s) at HNC, HND, Bachelors or Masters.
– You will be comfortable helping to develop the business and winning work, whilst building off of existing relationships to encourage repeat business and future projects.
– You will have the passion and drive to manage projects in accordance with the clients brief and programme, developing good business and customer relations.
– You will have a proven track record in both leading projects for your discipline and for an overall project team.
– Able to work in a joint leadership capacity within a mechanical, electrical, and public health (MEP) discipline team, providing design and technical advice with a multidisciplinary approach on a wide range of projects.
– Able to work using your own initiative with minimal supervision on all technical aspects of their discipline or have specific specialist experience applicable to the role.
- A competitive starting salary subject to experience.
- Health insurance.
- Employee Assist Programme via health insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Enhanced annual leave.
- Nest pension scheme.