We’re working with an international real estate consultancy who have an exciting opportunity for an energetic and driven Mechanical Engineer to join their MEP Projects/ Building Services team in London.
They provide specialist MEP / Building Services support across a wide range of sectors, on projects of varying scale, with a key sector focus across commercial offices, industrial, retail, and residential sectors.
You will be part of a collaborative team working to create a more sustainable built environment with a hands-on approach to driving energy efficiency across their clients portfolio’s.
· A technically proficient Mechanical Designer, able to mentor junior engineer and graduates.
· Able to technically lead projects supporting the project, resource and financial management.
· To support the production of Client briefs / Fee Proposals, technical design proposals, cost advice, design reviews, outline and scheme design reports, detailed designs, specifications, value engineering.
· To work closely with the MEP Operational Engineering team providing technical mechanical input and support.
· Working as part of a dynamic team, you will interface with the internal Project Management and Surveying teams.
· Qualified Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineer degree or equivalent.
· 3+yrs PQE experience.
· Previous experience in consultancy or contracting across M&E Design & Specification, Surveying & Reporting and Project Management.
· Ideally, you will have technical knowledge in your primary discipline and a thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process.
· Knowledge of applicable building regulations, UK legislation, British Standards and CIBSE Guides in relation to mechanical building services.
· Experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
· Financially astute being able to monitor fee expenditure, resource and work delivered.
· Various sector experience, notably industrial, commercial workplace and retail.
· Designing mechanical engineering systems at the highest level using the latest software design packages.
· Negotiable salary DOE
· 25 days holiday + 1 day for Birthday
· 5% pension scheme
· Car allowance