- New vacancy/ Live role
- Candidate required: Fire alarm engineer
- Job Type: Permanent
- Start date: ASAP/4 weeks
- Industry: Engineering
- Location: Birmingham/West Midlands
- Salary & package dependant on experience: £30,000 to £35,000
The role & about the client:
- ITS are currently recruiting for a well established fire and security company, who are looking to employ a fire alarm engineer to cover the West Midlands area. Successful applicants will be put through suppression training.
- Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To Manage the Fire protection systems in accordance with current BS & LPC standards.
- Plan and implement routine and re active calls to customers sites.
- Working on the following system :
- Fire Alarm System both addressable and conventional
- Gas Suppression Systems (Electrical side only)
- Disabled Refuge System
- Sprinkler Monitoring
- Deluge Activation
- Small works installation
- Providing call out cover on a 1 in 5 basis
Essential Qualifications/ experience required/ specific requirements for the role:
- Electrical apprenticeship, or proven track record within the fire alarm industry.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Fire alarm servicing and commissioning
- FIA unit training would be beneficial however full training plan will be provided.
- Working knowledge of British standards.
- Gas Suppression knowledge would be a benefit.
- Experience with working with an ISO accredited management system.
- Ability to work on own initiative and ability to solve technical problems to provide a positive impact for the customer and the business.
- Be computer literate and familiar with Microsoft suite of office programmes.
How to apply:
Please send an up-to-date CV in strict confidence or contact the office on 02380 633 425.
The ITS Group is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We welcome all applicants and are committed to an inclusive environment for all.