We are currently working in partnership with a Multidisciplinary Property and Construction Consultancy looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to join their team.
Based at their offices in Bristol covering a wide range of disciplines in property and construction, you will be part of the Building Services team that are delivering innovative solutions for their clients.
Their client list includes healthcare, residential, commercial, retail, industrial, leisure and many more. As the Electrical Design Engineer, you will be exposed to multiple sectors and many cultures. Building services engineers advise, design, monitor and survey the services that are needed to allow the building to do what it’s designed to. These services include, resilience, lighting, power, back-up power generators, statutory compliance, heating, safety, and security.
Role and responsibilities
- Designing robust electrical systems to enable the client to tender the works or produce working drawings and calculations to ensure that the building services installation meets the needs of the client.
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including mechanical engineers, structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meet legislative and health and safety requirements.
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint.
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
Experience and skills required.
- Experience within a similar role running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc.
- Accredited Building Services degree or higher educational qualification (HNC/HND)
- AutoCAD experience (experience with Revit would be an advantage)
- Able to use Dialux and Amtech software.
This role offers you the chance to progress your career at a forward thinking, friendly company. Along with providing you with an opportunity to learn and develop skills and qualifications as part of a dynamic team, they also offer.
- Ability to contribute to the growth and development of the team, adding value to our growing business.
- 25 days holiday – entitlements increase by 1 day per annum after 3, 5 and 8 years.
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Highly competitive salary
- Salary Sacrifice – Cycle to Work Scheme
- Buying and Selling Annual Leave
- Gym Membership Scheme
- Company car leasing scheme