We are working in partnership with a highly respected design, engineering, and project management consultancy who are looking to appoint an Associate Fire Engineer to join their established team in Bristol.
You will be working as part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering fire engineering design solutions to clients across a wide variety of sectors, including Cities & Development, Commercial, Energy, Residential and Transportation.
As a Senior member of the Fire Engineering team, you will take responsibility for your own projects but will also work collaboratively with other senior colleagues to develop the team and strengthen technical capability.
- Work in a range of sectors from residential buildings through to rail transportation or new energy facilities.
- Manage multiple engineering projects from inception through to delivery in support of fire safety standards and codes while also supporting junior team members.
- Support the delivery of project work and keeping track of evolving project milestones and budgets.
- Keep up to date with regulations and legislation.
- Support the development of fire strategies.
- Assess fire related risks in projects and working collaboratively to mitigate where possible.
- Review and comment on the quality of fire safety related installations.
- Undertake tenders for new work.
- Develop client relationships to develop potential work opportunities.
- Prepare reports, take part in design team meetings, and liaise with client representatives as required.
- Act as technical reviewer on project submissions.
- Engineering degree, preferably fire engineering or alternatively a post graduate qualification in fire engineering (Applicants with different backgrounds also considered).
- 10+ years in fire engineering roles including roles outside of consultancy.
- Strong experience working with multiple of fire standards including but not limited to BS9999, NFPA 130, BS9992, EN45545.
- Demonstrate a strong record of successfully delivering fire strategies.
- Fire modelling experience will be beneficial.
- Able to work towards chartered fire engineer status.
- A flexible approach to the working environment.
- Willingness to travel will be a positive advantage.
Rewards and Benefits:
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays & buy and sell options
- Flexible working
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- A range of other benefits