We are working in partnership with an award-winning property and construction consultancy who have an exciting opening for an Associate Director Cost – Management / Quantity Surveying – in Birmingham.
Our client works with both public and private sector customers on a wide variety of projects including commercial, education, residential & industrial schemes.
- Supporting Business Directors in delivering business objectives.
- Positively engaging with customers – developing, growing and maintaining relationships.
- Delivering high quality services and ensuring that cost management deliverables meet customers’ requirements.
- Managing projects to deliver high quality services and deliverables in accordance with the business procedures.
- Preparing and presenting order of cost estimates and option studies
- Cost planning and benchmarking
- Cost-in-use studies
- Advising on and implementing procurement strategies
- Valuing completed work and arranging for payments
- Settling final accounts
- Providing technical advice on legal and contractual issues relating to construction projects
- Administrating contracts as Contract Administrator or Employer’s Agent
- Managing service delivery for profit
- Advising Directors promptly of any issues
- Actively identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the Business Units activities.
- Generous salary – negotiable depending on experience
- Excellent career development opportunities
- A contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Global Travel Scholarship Programme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Our client is a gold standard investor in people employer
- Broad, in-depth cost management experience post MRICS qualification.
- Detailed knowledge and practiced experience of cost estimating and cost planning techniques.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies.
- Thorough knowledge and experience of post-contract cost management tasks.
- Ability to administer construction contracts as Contract Administrator and Employer’s Agent.
- Clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts.
- Ability to motivate others and lead high performance teams
- Clear and effective communication skills – both oral and written.
- Excellent problem solving, negotiating, financial and numeracy skills.
- Sound ICT skills, with a high level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to prepare first-class bids for services.
- Competent at negotiating sufficient fees to both complete services and generate required profit levels.
- MRICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors)