Are you looking for a new challenge in the New Year?
Would you like to work for one of the world’s most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies?
Would you relish the opportunity to make a difference and to shape the world to benefit future generations and the natural environment?
Our client is playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects across sectors including Aviation, Energy, Cities and Development, Education, Transportation and Defence. As part of their continued expansion, they are looking for an experienced Associate Building Services Design Engineer seeking to develop their career in a positive environment and join our team where talent is encouraged and growth opportunities unrivalled.
As an Associate Building Services Engineer, you will take a lead role in providing both technical and team leadership for buildings and infrastructure related projects within the region.
Energy and Carbon are an essential aspect of this position and with the rise in importance of decarbonising the built environment, improving air quality and implementing energy efficient design solutions, the team is expanding to deliver sustainable solutions for their growing portfolio of satisfied clients.
- Responsible for effective delivery of engineering project teams, including other teams based in the UK.
- Provide technological input and supervise technical input by others within the Building Services team.
- Undertake periodic project reviews to ensure technical and programme constraints are met.
- Undertake Client/Design Team briefings to establish project criteria.
- Assist in the preparation of fee proposals for submission to potential Clients.
- Provide regular advice to the engineering manager lead regarding staff levels, present and future workload, operating standards, etc.
- Involved in the preparation of reports, designs, specifications and contract documents.
- Promote and incorporate sustainable design wherever possible.
- Promote and improve inter-discipline working with other disciplines such as Architecture, Building Surveying, Civil and Structural Engineering.
- Liaise with clients, professional organisations, contractors, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Operate the Quality Assurance system, quality control and document management in line with current policy.
- Develop, in conjunction with other colleagues, existing Client contacts to maintain and develop Client base.
- Be able to ‘own’ the necessary responses to project opportunities and provide both strategic & specific input into bids and proposals. Successful in identifying and following through on leads associated with new and existing clients. Able to discuss the operating and business unit technologies and markets.
- Responsible for the preparation of fee proposals for submission to potential Clients with an ability to realistically estimate pricing and produce successful responses to bids across a range of expertise.
- Assisting in the monitoring of and reporting on capital and fee expenditure.
- Demonstrate sound personnel management and staff development skills – ability to act as a line manager to a group of Building Services engineers within the team.
- Degree in Building Services / Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent qualification).
- Chartered Engineer and membership of CIBSE, IET, IMechE or equivalent institution.
- Similar experience working in a design consultancy, with experience of concept, scheme and detail design across a range of sectors.
- Good awareness of energy reduction methods and approaches to decarbonise new and existing buildings.
- Knowledge of energy related contracts and funding mechanisms such as SALIX.
- Thorough understanding of energy and carbon related data capture and analytics.
- Familiarity with the principles of building physics such as passive design solutions and fabric first approaches.
- Competent in designing for energy measurement and verification, including experience of commissioning and post installation evaluation of performance.
- Working knowledge and use of relevant software packages such as Revit, One Click, Navisworks, IES, etc.
- Proven ability to build-up and maintain client and team relationships.
- Ability to manage projects and design commissions relating to building services including project finances.
- Good understanding of quality assurance, safety and environmental sustainability.
- Financial awareness and the ability to control project finances.
- Effective team worker, contributing to the team and wider objectives.
- Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to understand and express technical concepts clearly and accurately.
- Making a positive contribution on how image and efficiency of the company can be improved.
Rewards & Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- 25-days leave each year plus bank holidays with options to buy some or sell
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- A range of other core and flexible benefits