- Candidate required: Assistant Site Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
- Start date: Immediate
- Industry: Construction professionals South
- Location: Wantage
- Salary & package dependant on experience: £48,000 + Car Allowance + Package
The role & about the client:
On behalf of our client, ITS Building People (Southampton) are searching for an experienced Assistant Site Manager to join an one of the UK’s largest house builders on a traditional build 95 unit development in Wantage.
Key Responsibilities –
- Understanding the company’s health and safety policy and ensure that it is implemented by all staff under your control.
- Understanding the health and safety requirements relating to operations under your control and ensure they are fully and correctly implemented in accordance with the appropriate risk assessments and/or method statements.
- Pre-plan operations in conjunction with the Build Manager and Site Manager to coordinate health and safety taking into account any special hazards or problems involved.
- Ensure that the health and safety plan is monitored and kept up to date.
- Ensure that adequate welfare facilities are established on site from the commencement to the completion of the contract.
- Control over both site staff and subcontractors, whilst liaising between head office and local authority departments.
- Actively encourage a philosophy of safety, progress, quality and innovation.
- Monitor the reports produced by the Regional Health and Safety Advisor to ensure that the recommendations they contain are implemented.
- Ensure statutory inspection reports on scaffolding, excavations, lifting appliances, accidents, etc. are completed as required.
- Set a personal example by conforming to company health and safety procedures and site rules.
- Providing regular feedback and reports on all activities as required.
- Ensure that adequate first aid stocks are maintained and that a trained first aider or appointed person is available on site.
- Record and report all accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences in accordance with company procedures and legal requirements.
- Coordinate all activities on site in a safe manner and ensure all activities are produced in line with agreed construction programmes and costs.
- Record variations and measure thereof to all subcontract works.
- Attend and participate in training as required.
- Maintain all company administration procedures as required.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working as an Assistant Site Manager delivering traditional build housing projects.
Essential Qualifications/ experience required/ specific requirements for the role:
- Experience working within the housebuilding industry
- Previous experience as an Assistant Site Manager
- SMSTS/SSSTS-Desirable but not Essential
- CSCS Card
- First Aid
- Future opportunities to progress into Site Management positions.
Where a range of rate of pay is quoted the level of experience, qualifications & related training required is the minimum required in order to qualify for the lowest rate of pay quoted.
How to apply:
Please send an up-to-date CV in strict confidence or contact me on 02380 2380600/07435735610
The ITS Group is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We welcome all applicants and are committed to an inclusive environment for all.