- Candidate required: Site Manager/ Assistant Project Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
- Start date: ASAP
- Industry: Construction
- Location: London
- Salary & package dependant on experience: DOE
The role & about the client:
On behalf of our client, ITS Construction Professionals South are searching for an experienced Site Manager to join an award-winning Client Specialising in Fit out & Refurbishment of the Commercial and Media sectors.
Key Responsibilities –
- Understanding the company’s health and safety policy and ensure that it is implemented by all staff under your control. Understanding the health and safety requirements relating to operations under your control and ensure they are fully and correctly implemented in accordance with the appropriate risk assessments and/or method statements.
- Pre-plan operations in conjunction with the Build Manager and Site Manager to coordinate health and safety taking into account any special hazards or problems involved.
- Ensure that the health and safety plan is monitored and kept up to date.
- Ensure that adequate welfare facilities are established on site from the commencement to the completion of the contract.
- Control over both site staff and subcontractors, whilst liaising between head office and local authority departments.
- Actively encourage a philosophy of safety, progress, quality and innovation.
- Set a personal example by conforming to company health and safety procedures and site rules.
- Providing regular feedback and reports on all activities as required.
- Ensure that adequate first aid stocks are maintained and that a trained first aider or appointed person is available on site.
- Record and report all accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences in accordance with company procedures and legal requirements.
- Coordinate all activities on site in a safe manner and ensure all activities are produced in line with agreed construction programmes and costs.
- Record variations and measure thereof to all subcontract works.
- Attend and participate in training as required.
- Maintain all company administration procedures as required.
The ideal candidate: The ideal candidate will have previous experience working as a Site Manager/ Assistant Project Manager delivering Commercial Fit Out projects.
Essential Qualifications/ experience required/ specific requirements for the role:
- Experience working within the Fit Out industry
- Previous experience as a Site Manager
- SMSTS Essential
- CSCS Card
- First Aid
Where a range of rate of pay is quoted the level of experience, qualifications & related training required is the minimum required in order to qualify for the lowest rate of pay quoted.
How to apply: Please send an up-to-date CV in strict confidence or contact me on (phone number removed)/(phone number removed).
The ITS Group is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We welcome all applicants and are committed to an inclusive environment for all.