Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity in the new year?
We’re working with a highly respected multi-disciplinary consultancy who are looking for a creative and driven sustainability professional to join their South West Sustainability Team.
They provide a diverse sustainability consultancy service promoting sustainable development for a range of projects, across all sectors. This is a rare opportunity to grow not only your own career, but the industry approach to your field of expertise as a whole.
You’ll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors. You’ll advance your career, your way, thanks to their structured career pathways.
- Leading building performance simulation and energy related workstreams, using a range of modelling approaches, tools and techniques.
- Supporting the development of junior staff in the team, helping them to improve their understanding and skills in the energy simulation and building performance arena.
- Developing energy strategies with clients to lead sustainability innovation on a series of developments.
- Supporting the day-to-day operations of the team.
- Supporting the development of holistic Sustainability Strategies, where necessary.
- Supporting the team with the completion of environmental assessments (such as BREEAM, WELL, etc), where necessary.
- Working with other members of the Sustainability Group on business related research and development tasks.
You will be expected to have experience and competence in a selection of the following fields:
- Extensive experience of modelling a range of building types using IES
- Building Regulations Part L assessments using IES and Elmhurst (or similar)
- Developing energy and carbon strategies
- HVAC network modelling
- In-Use energy modelling and assessment
- Dynamic modelling for thermal comfort assessments and overheating risk assessments
- Passvihaus – qualified PH Designer or Consultant, or a good working knowledge of the methodology
- Parametric environmental design assessment
- Renewable energy feasibility studies
- Sustainable master-planning and energy network assessment
To reward your hard work and commitment you’ll receive both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
- Private medical scheme
* Life Assurance
* Income protection
* Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars (Principal)
* 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
* Contributory pension scheme
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
* Season Ticket Loans
* Professional membership subscription
- 9-day fortnight
* Hybrid Working – activity-based approach
* Employee stock purchase plan
* Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
* Study Assistance
* Cycle to work scheme
* Employee Referral Scheme
* Sabbatical Leave
* Other flexible benefits include gym and retail discounts, travel & dental insurance
* Flexible working