The role & about the client:
On behalf of our client, ITS Building People (Southampton) are searching for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a five star house builder in Berkshire
Due to sustained and continuous growth they are looking to add to their commercial team.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Produce draft budgets and site start budgets for each site allocated
- Produce quarterly valuations and complete material ‘cost to complete’ exercises for each site the Quantity Surveyor is responsible for.
- Produce sub-contract payments and final accounts, ensuring that the sub-contractor has signed these off.
- Produce sub-contract orders, ensuring they are authorised by the authorised representative, together with all necessary documentation to comply with Group Commercial Policy.
- Complete on-site measurements and assess payments to contractors.
- Attend and contribute to various meetings, such as pre-order meetings, quarterly valuation meetings and project review meetings with senior management, construction team as well as external contractors.
- Manage all sub-contract orders on site, meeting sub-contractors as and when required.
- Maintain trade specifications.
- Price customer extras and liaise with sales department as necessary.
- Manage Professional Fees Budget.
- Assist with material buying when required.
- Assist the Estimator and / or Commercial Manager with take-off’s for land appraisals when required
The ideal candidate
They require a candidate with excellent analytical, numerical, presentational, and interpersonal skills, who should be willing to take responsibility, build strong client relationships and demonstrate a real enthusiasm for the role.
Essential Qualifications/ experience required/ specific requirements for the role:
- Construction/Building related HNC or higher qualification (Or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form.
- Produce accurate commercial reports.
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office.
- Good time management
- Ability to make decisions within authority.
- Able to read, understand and measure from Working Drawings.
Where a range of rate of pay is quoted the level of experience, qualifications & related training required is the minimum required in order to qualify for the lowest rate of pay quoted
How to apply:
Please send an up-to-date CV in strict confidence or contact me on 02380 2380600/07435735610
The ITS Group is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We welcome all applicants and are committed to an inclusive environment for all.