We are working in partnership with an award winning, multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy who have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to join their team in Bristol.
You’ll collaborate with the industry’s best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists.
You’ll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors.
You’ll advance your career, your way, thanks to their structured Career Paths framework
Your role as a Principal Mechanical Engineer will include work delivery, work winning and assisting the regional lead in planning the specialist delivery of the Property Services Group.
You will cultivate relationships with both existing and new clients assisting them with the management of their existing built assets.
A particular focus on work delivery, organisational support and team growth is required to support local and regional clients.
You will be working on a varied portfolio of frameworks and projects which are predominantly UK based. You will take the lead and deliver on small projects up to the value of a few £million and provide technical support to clients.
Projects span across sectors including Defence, Healthcare, Commercial Offices, Retail and School / Further Education.
- Chartered status (or working towards)
- Strong technical knowledge in primary engineering discipline and relevant UK and applicable EU regulations, design guides, etc
- Good understanding of the secondary engineering discipline
- Manage projects to avoid technical and commercial risk
- IT literate with an understanding of relevant IT packages
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills to effectively work to timescales and deadlines
- Able to develop effective relationships with well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proven track record in work winning and building successful teams
To reward your hard work and commitment our client offers both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
- Private medical scheme
* Life Assurance
* Income protection
* Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars
* 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
* Contributory pension scheme
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
* Season Ticket Loans
* Professional membership subscription
- 9-day fortnight – you will have the option to work a 9-day fortnight
* Hybrid Working – activity-based approach
* Employee stock purchase plan
* Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
* Study Assistance
* Cycle to work scheme
* Employee Referral Scheme
* Sabbatical Leave
* Other flexible benefits include gym and retail discounts, travel & dental insurance and GAYE
* Flexible working